Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Backup Exec 10d option/agent

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi,

Just wondering, what agent/options do I need to run Backup Exec 10d to a Windows ISA server and Windows Web Server?

Your reply will be highly appricieted... Thank you in advance...

Adonis
5 REPLIES 5

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I request you to elaborate the query. Do you want to backup these servers or do you want to install Backup Exec v10d on it ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Either way, either install backup exec to the two server to run backup or install backup exec to a new server (backup server) to perform backup on the said two servers (ISA and Web Server).
Which is the best procedure?

Thank you in advance...

Mohammed_Anwaru
Level 3
Well get AOFO it will serve the purpose and make sure IDR is ocnfigured on media server so that it takes IDR image of all the rest of servers that is ISA and web server.

Note: IF you are using ISA 2004 dont install backup exec on it as ISA 2004 blocks all the ports by its default installation. So better install it on Separate box.

One backup exec server
One IDR
and 2 AOFO this is all what you need.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Thanks for the info. :)

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Before you purchase IDR, scan the fora for all the problems others have had trying to get it to work

I'd prefer to do it the old fashioned way, where I know EXACTLY what is happening and what went wrong if anything does.

The difference in install time isn't that great if you slipstrean SPs and do the initial install at the appropriate Service Pack, then do a network restore of the OS and User Data, then any Database restores (which must be done with IDR anyway) and you're done.