cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RALUS/BackupExec 10d SP1 Problem

Level 2
I followed the instructions for installing RALUS on RH Enterprise 4 and it appeared to install fine. (I did have to change the port in order for the daemon to start but it now runs fine.) I installed the licenses on my W2K3 Media Server and I can even "see" the Linux box in the selection list for a backup job.

The problem I'm having is that it cannot connect to the Linux box to see any of the files on the server. I added "root" with the appropriate password using the "Connect As..." option but that doesn't seem to work. If I do a test job using the Linux server, it says that the "Remote Agent for Windows Server (RAWS) is not running"--even though I'm trying to connect to a Linux box.

I really need to get this server backed up...

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thanks,

Michael
4 REPLIES 4

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Was the installation of the Ralus Agent sucessful?

-- Did you install the license of the Ralus on the media server?

Thank You...

Level 2
I would have posted to this last week--but the site wouldn't let me post.

Yes, the Agent Installation was successful and yes, I installed (2) Licenses for RALUS on my Media Server.

I can see the Linux box from the Remote Selections, but when I click on it, it says "this has not been implemented" or something like that.

Should I call support?

Thanks,

Michael

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer to:

Incorrect error information "The function is not implemented" is displayed when browsing Remote Agent for Linux or Unix Servers (RALUS) agent in Backup Exec 10.x for Windows Server.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/284269

Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent for Linux or Unix Servers (RALUS) backup job fails with the following error "A communications failure has occurred" if the "Firewall" is enabled on the remote UNIX\Linux server in Backup Exec 10.x for Windows Servers.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/284320

Regards,

Padmaja

Nils_Olav_Bekke
Level 3
old post I know, but i found that a misconfigured /etc/hosts file also gives a similar
error message, so make sure that the /etc/hosts file contain a correct setting

some distros (like Debian - yeah not supported I know - but it still works :) put it like this and thats usually wrong :(

127.0.1.1 myservername

it should look like something like this to make ralus work
example:
123.456.789.123 myserver.mydomain.no myserver

Nils.Message was edited by:
Nils Olav Bekken