cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ralus Updates

Dan007
Level 4
Hi,

I work in a largely Windows environment, but we do have a few Linux boxes, one of which is runnning Debian.  I appreciate this OS is not supported by Backup Exec 12.5.   However, without any trouble I did get it to run the Ralus agent a while back. 

Now I have the problem that Nessus has revealed a security vulnerability. (Authenication Bypass and Potential Buffer Overflow) 

Presumably there are other vulnerabilities as well...?  Our Windows Media Server has Service Pack 2 installed as well as 9 other updates.   Where are the Ralus updates published?  Have people successfully installed them on Debian?

Many thanks for your help.
Daniel
7 REPLIES 7

Dan007
Level 4

In case this helps anyone, the link below describes the security issue:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/314528.htm

and the fix is here:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/314391.htm

Hopefully this will work on Debian...

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
What version of Debian are you running?

Dan007
Level 4
Hi Ben,

We have Debian 5 installed.  I tried to install the hotfix last night and I was informed "RALUS is not installed on this system... exiting".

If the worst comes to the worst I will have to remove the agent altogether.  Is there an uninstall script or anything somewhere?

Thanks for your time,
Dan

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
In the installation media there is an uninstallralus script.  It is in the same directory as the installralus script.

I've been trying to find out when we are going to support Debian 5, but no one is giving me an answer yet.  Hopefully in the next version it will be supported.

Dan007
Level 4
Thanks for your help Ben.  For now I will remove it and fingers crossed for the next version.

Dan

Dan007
Level 4

Ben,

Just one final thing - Inside ralus2213HF314380-Linux64 there is an installraluspatch.sh, a tar file and a folder but no uninstall script.  I have been down through the tar file and directory and it is not there.  If I am being daft please let me know!

Regards,
Dan

SystemsAdminAS
Level 5
Dan,

From what I understand, there is no actual way to uninstall hotfixes from the RALUS agent - you have to run the uninstall script from the installation media - if you reinstall u will then be at the base revision on the installation media.  AFAIK you also have to install updates for RALUS one by one - can't push them from the remote agent bulk update utility (at least not with 12.5).