cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ran out of Memory

Bledi_Pylla
Level 3
Hi all,

I'm running Backup Exec 9.0 on Windows 2003 Server. I did an inventory on a daily-recurring backup and the inventory failed. Therefore since I let the inventory run and not check to see if it was completed, the daily recurring backup queued.

I checked it the next day and noticed that it was queued so I cancelled the job. Thinking that the cause was a bad tape media, I exported the tape and placed a new set of tapes in. When I went to inventory the new tape took longer than usual so I tried to cancel it. Now it says Cancel Pending at 99% and will not finish canceling.

I tried to shut the application down and restarted. When I restarted the application I got a error message "Ran out of Memory"

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rolen
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

What is Build of Backup Exec v9.0 that you are using ?

What is the exact error message that occurs when the Inventory job fails ?

Have you installed Veritas drivers ?

Are there any alerts in the Alerts tab when the job goes queued ?

Kindly update.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Bledi_Pylla
Level 3
Hi,

I'm running Backup Exec version 9.0 Rev. 4454.

How do I check to see if the drivers are up to date?

Since the last message I was able to cancel the inventory job. I cancelled all running services and started them all again. Then I did another inventory and was able to complete it successfully.

The next day I checked to see if the daily-recurring backup had completed. I found that it was still running. It started at 11pm and now its 10am and its still running. On average it usually takes only 5 or 6 hours to complete the backup.

Is it okay for it to be taking this long?

Thanks

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

As a primary troublshooting step, ensure that you have updated Backup Exec v9.0 to Backup Exec v9.1. It addresses many issues and enhancements from an earlier versions and Build of Backup Exec v9.0.

Refer the following technotes:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264658.htm

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/262414.htm

Note:

1. BEWS 9.1 is a free downloadable upgrade inclusive of previously installed agents and options from Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers agents and options.

2. Update all agents/options on all remote systems.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.