cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time backup

Level 2
Hi !

I would like to know if its possible to do realtime backup to disk.

Also when ill restore backup will i be able to see all the network tree (computer and server that have been backup) with all files and folders tree to restore want i want ?

thanks...
4 REPLIES 4

Michael_McKenne
Level 6
Realtime backup to disk? That is hardware RAID 1. The problem is data corruiption. If you have realtime disk to disk backup and the original becomes corrupt, the backup will be corrupt. It will also spread viruses to the backup drive. Why not do incremental and differential backups instead? Windows does have Shadow copy that helps recover files.

Level 2
k ill try to tell it another ways ....english not my native language hehe

Let say i have a big network...many server (15+) workstation (300+) and i want to do realtime backup to disk via a dedicated gigabyte line to a san (raid 10)... and to boot i want to be able to restore anything from the backup ...just a file or folder...easily througt an schema of the backup.

thanks

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Sounds like you want a replication type product which can be set to realtime. Maybe look into Replication Exec for servers or the Desktop Laptop Option (DLO) for workstations.

They both can replicate changes in files as they occur to another server.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

In backup exec you have the option to schedule incremental backups at intervals that are appropriate to the level of activity on your servers.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.