Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error In Log file server 20003

Yossi_Zamir
Not applicable
Hello,

I Have a Problem With Backup Exec 9.1 - For my Exchange Server 2003,

Final error: 0xa000fec9 - A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.

Backup - Shadow?Copy?Components Shadow?Copy?Components

A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata.
I tried to do -

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264350.htm

Bat Is Not Work.

Please Halp Me.
1 REPLY 1

Sushil_Sakhawal
Level 3
hi Yossi,

As i understand from the issue is that you are getting an error message:-
"Final Error Code: a000fec9 HEX (0xa000fec9 HEX) or e000fec9 HEX (0xe000fec9 HEX)
Final Error Description: "A failure occurred accessing the Writer metadata."

Try rebooting the server and run the backup job

If that doesnt help then try following technote
Shadow copy components by default uses VSS
This seems to be a VSS issue
This technote is related to the error regarding shadow copy components

==> How to troubleshoot the error "A failure occurred querying the Writer status" (a000fed1 HEX or e000fed1 HEX) using VSSADMIN
http://support.veritas.com/docs/261993

==> if this doesnt work check in the services that whether the Microsoft software shadow copy provider service is started or stopped

The Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider Service manages software-based volume shadow copies taken by the Volume Shadow Copy service.
If this service is stopped, software-based volume shadow copies cannot be managed.
If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
Hence, while configuring a backup job to back up a Windows 2003 machine with selections made from the Shadow Copy Components,
it should be ensured that the Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider Service and the Volume Shadow Copy Service are running.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.Message was edited by:
Sushil Sakhawalkar