cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirection restore

Mark_Christoffe
Level 4
I need to restore some folders and redirect them to a different server. Wehn I select the folder to restore, I notice it automaticaly selects all root folders above it. How can I resore a sub folder without restoring all subfolders above.

Example:
Backup ----> Root 1
|_ Sub Folder 1
|_ Sub Folder 2

Restore ----> Sub Folder 2 only with a redirection.

When I select sub folder 2 from the selection list, it automatically selects Sub Folder 1 and Root 1. When I redirect it to a different location, it restores OK, but it restores from Root 1. I would like to just restore Sub Folder 2 and not bring any other home or root folder above.

How can I do this?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

uz
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
when restoring, just uncheck the "preserve tree" checkbox under General settings.

This way only the data will be restored, no directories.

Keep in mind, that no subdirectories of the folder you want to restore will be restored either !

You can either have ALL the directory tree entries or NONE

Regards

uz

Mark_Christoffe
Level 4
Yes, I did that and found out that all files are restored but the sub folders are excluded. This is not helping me. I would think there would be an option to exclude home directories (at least there is in other backup apps, no names mentioned).

Thanks

uz
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
No, not in BE ! - All or nothing .... with the only little exeption of alias backups made through bemcmd - but this does not help you at all.

regards

uz

Mark_Christoffe
Level 4
Thanks for confirming my testing.