cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registry hack Tape drive driver support

Mark_Dondero
Level 3
I recently had a server die, in replacing the box, I am unable to get my Sony SDX-500\LIB-152E drive to span tapes. Backup job executes, but only on the first tape, it will not advance to the second tape.

Seems I had this problem before in that Veritas provided me a simple registry hack to address it.

Additionally, I know that in device manager the medium changer\spectra\should be a Microsoft driver Where the Tapedrive\Sony should be a Sony driver.

But on other installations I have the Veritas driver for the Sony SDX500C 9\2\03 v5.0.1.1 But on this installation I have the Sony AIT 50 9\29\05 v2.0.0.5 and I am unable to change it. Can you provide me instructions on how to change the driver on this device? PLEASE?
2 REPLIES 2

M_Cns
Level 4
I had to make some really hacky changes to the VSDLoadTable registry entry to get a Dell PowerVault 120T to work with a DLT1 drive. I'm sorry I don't have the full information available, but if you can find ID for the drive from the adamm.log and try manually loading it into the VSDLoadTable it might work.

See here for some more information: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255501.htm

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Does the device is well recognized by the Windows ?

Kindly verify.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.