cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Error E000846B

backup_exec_121
Level 2
I have just installed Backup Exec 12 and Backup Exec 12 remote Agent for Windows Servers.
Backup fails with error E000846B
Error connecting to Windows Server Remote Agent

Under Network Security
Enable remote agent TCP port range is not checked
Use Any Network Interface selected
Use Any Protocol is selected

Please advise

George
4 REPLIES 4

backup_exec_121
Level 2

Full Error Details

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79 -57344-33899

Regards

George

mgoessler
Not applicable
We have also just installed Backup Exec 12 and we came across the same error as George: Backup fails with error E000846B.

First, we tried to uninstall and reinstall the application with no success. After our second installation we succesfully updated Backup Exec through Live Update. Next we restarted the Server and tried to run another backup job which resulted in the known error message seen above.

Backup Exec 12 ist installed on a Windows 2k3-SP1 Server. The remote agent is installed on the same machine and there are no other nodes.

Thanks for any hints,

Michael

Vijay_S_Mishra
Level 6
Employee Certified
- If you are backing up the remote servers , make sure that the remote agent has been updated by push installing the remote agent on the targte server - If you are getting this error while backing the media server ... uncheck and recheck system state .

MPulaski
Level 2
Getting same error since upgrade and what's driving me crazy is that I CANNOT even back up the media server!  I get the "remote agent error" when I try to backup the server that is actually running backup exec v12.  Why is it using the agent?

If I do a test run, all is fine and 100% successful.  When I actually run the job, it just hangs for hours or it errors out with this error message.  Even a simple test job of trying to back up the C: drive on the backup exec media server, it errors out with the remote agent error.

Windows 2003 Server with SP2 running BE v12.  It was running v11 for about a year with no problems.  Upgraded last week and after successfully running one night of automated backups, they no longer work.  In fact, I can't get ANY job to run at this point.  They all just get this error about the remote agent.

Tried all the KB articles about making sure "any available device" or about the upgrade from 11 to 12 and the system state.  I can't even backup a single drive let alone a whole server.

One other peculiar issue.  Once I get this consistent error message, the service for Remote Agent for Backup Exec crashes and has to be manually restarted.

HELP!

Message Edited by MPulaski on 05-13-2008 08:26 AM