cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Issues

Sean_Donnelly
Level 4

I am having issue with a BE agent on a Windows 2003 Enterprise server. The agent installs and loads properly on the server, and no errors in my event logs. When I go to my Backup Exec server to create a new backup job I browse my domain to the 2003 server and on this server it shows a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, and the drives are not picked up when I expand it. All i can see are my shares on this server? I've rebooted both machines multiple times and also uninstalled, pushed to the server, uninstalled and run the agent install from the server to be backed up and still no luck. Any insight on a fix is greatly appreciated as I have this server in production and I need to back it up!

Regards - Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sean_Donnelly
Level 4

It was listed, but you pointed me in the right directionSmiley Very Happy! I have a backup subnet that I run all jobs over and I had not yet configured the NIC for this network. I assumed that over the production LAN where I pushed the agent advertising of the availability of this server would be seen. Once I activated the backup NIC and refreshed the services everything is there that I need now.

Thank you!

Sean

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
On the remote server Open the Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility.  This is accesed through start/program files/Backup Exec.  In the console, click on the Publishing Tab, check Enable the Remote Agent to Publish information to the media server in the list.  If the Media server name is not listed, please click change settings.  Also under published names for this agent you might want to add the Netbios name for this server if it is not listed there already. 

Sean_Donnelly
Level 4

It was listed, but you pointed me in the right directionSmiley Very Happy! I have a backup subnet that I run all jobs over and I had not yet configured the NIC for this network. I assumed that over the production LAN where I pushed the agent advertising of the availability of this server would be seen. Once I activated the backup NIC and refreshed the services everything is there that I need now.

Thank you!

Sean