cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Issues

Bob_Thomas
Level 4
During some the problems with a Sony tape library I moved Backup Exec from one server to another (per Sony's request). Prior to that I was able to backup multiple remote servers with the Remote agent. Now I cannot get two of those servers to let me create jobs. I get an error about the remote agent needing to be installed. I go throught the install, it seems to run fine, but I get the same error creating a job. When looking at the servers that still work I notice c:program files\veritas\backup exec\rant (remote agent nt?) and serveral entries in the registery. On the servers that do not work with the remote agent I have c:\program files\back exec\nt (with just one file ctxmenu.dll which cannot be deleated) and only one registry entry. Does anyone have any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

-- On both the servers i.e on the backup exec media server and also on the remoet server verify if the Backup exec remote agent service is running?
-- Verify if it is running under Local system account.

-- If this is not the case then we suggest you to uninsatll the remote agent and reinstall it.

Refer the following technote to install the remote agent.
How to do a manual / silent install of the Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) if the push install does not succeed
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265736.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.