cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied to Microsoft Exchange Mailbox - Backup Issue

Brian_Lucas
Not applicable
I have a new Exchange 2003 server built and ready to deploy. I installed the Remote Backup Agent to the server and when I try to create the new Backup job, I get an "Access is Denied" and it asks me to pick a new Login Account. OK, so I select the exact same account I use to successfully backup the current Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and it still gives me Access is Denied. I have checked that the backup account has full and identical permissions to the current Exchange server but to no resolve. The account is a valid domain account with a valid mailbox in Exchange.

Thanks in advance for any help. I scanned through the forums yesterday but didn't come across anyone who may have had the identical situation I face.
4 REPLIES 4

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Refer the following technotes to troubleshoot this problem.

The backup job log displays the error "Access Denied or could not be accessed" for some folders
http://support.veritas.com/docs/261744

Title:-
Troubleshooting basic "access denied" and "access is denied" messages in Backup Exec 9.x http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/266075.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
I assume these exchange servers are all in the same organization...

If you are positive the Logon account has FULL rights to both Exchange and a Mailbox, then confirm the mailbox is visible on the global list. In AD, check the user's properties and make sure the "Hide" option is not selected on the Exchange Advanced tab. Also, open outlook and confirm the mailbox shows up in the TO: list, and send and receive a test email to yourself with that mailbox.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

we want to know if the solution provided has helped you in getting resolve your problem?

Thank you fo rupdating us on thi sissue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.