cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Not Functioning

FredB
Level 3
hi,

I have been unable to push out the Remote Agent so have been following instructions for manual installation.
The client does not appear to be functioning correctly. When attempting to create backup jobs servers C$ and Microsoft Information Store are grayed out.
My initial backup exec install didn't have an issue and since moving to a different server this has happened.
Starting to panic as need to be able to backup my exchange servers.
Any help please

Fred
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
Because of some reason the remote agent might have been listening on Port 9000 instead of 10000. Remove the agent, change the Port # to 10000 in the services file and reload the agent again. Then try to check the boxes for C$ and E$ on the server. Mark

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shirmal
Level 5
There's a gotcha with the agent manual installation, the setupaa.cmd file doesn't like being run across unc paths.  What I usually do is this:  Copy the RANT32 folder (remote agent for nt 32 bit) usually in c:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Agents\ to the desktop of the Server to which you're installing the agent.  Then open the RANT32 folder and doubleclick the setupaa.cmd file.  Open your services mmc and verify a backup exec agent is now listed.  Now retry your backup.

If you feel so inclined, you can remove the previous Agent software on the servers before installing the new verison.  I rarely have problems though.

Obviously, choose the agent for the version system you're running.  
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal

Marksw
Level 5
Because of some reason the remote agent might have been listening on Port 9000 instead of 10000. Remove the agent, change the Port # to 10000 in the services file and reload the agent again. Then try to check the boxes for C$ and E$ on the server. Mark