cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent goes bad ever month or so on Exchange

PalmersSols
Level 2
Hi

We have Backup Exec running on a Windows Server 2003 box and have remote agent installed on several servers but it keeps going bad on our Exchange server every month or so and i have to remove the remote agent and reinstall it for it to work, here is the error that it is giving when the remote agent goes

Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running.
Final error category: Resource Errors

Has anyone come across this before where the remote agent keeps going? if so is there a fix that you know of

thanks in advance for any help

Matt

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there Matt,

Which version are you running? Have you considered upgrading to the latest service pack or your version to eliminate problems there?
Once you've updated your SP, don't forget to push our your remote agent again, as there are normally some updates to be applied.

PalmersSols
Level 2
Hi Craig

we are running version 10-D, i have tried to run the update and it gives the available downloads but the links are now not available from the site, is there somewhere else that i can obtain these?

Regards

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Go to the product download page at

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15047

Filter for "v10d" and "Patch"