cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer

MrHoek_
Level 4
Dear people,

First off al I'm not english so if I have any grammer mistakes I apologies.

I'm using Backupexec 12 and when I do a job I get the following error:
Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

This error prevents me from running the backup correctly and that is kinda irritating me cause I want to have the backup 100% succesful just like any other user wants.
I have done the following actions which has not result in a solution.

- In services.msc I have restart the service for Backupexec Agent
- In the Local user groups I have added the backupexec, so that the restrictions for a backup can be override.

The strange fact is that I have also different groups of backup's were our server "Athena" is also included and they are succesful.
So I'm wondering what the problem is that make this one an incomplete backup.
I hope I have provided enough information to give me some help, hints or other possibilties to solve this issue.
On the internet I could not find the solution causing this error. On the internet there was also something about AOFO. But in all the groups this option is on so this couldn't be the problem right?

Backupexec runs on "Athena" 
But the "Athena"  it self can not be backuped cause the above error.

Kind regards,
MrHoek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi MrHoek,

If you updated your media server with patches/SP, I'd suggest you push out your Remote Agent from your media server again. This will have a number of updates most likely.
However, I have also seen this happen when trying to backup a server with a previous generation Remote Agent...in this case, do a push install again to upgrade it.

Laters!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Hi MrHoek,

If you updated your media server with patches/SP, I'd suggest you push out your Remote Agent from your media server again. This will have a number of updates most likely.
However, I have also seen this happen when trying to backup a server with a previous generation Remote Agent...in this case, do a push install again to upgrade it.

Laters!

MrHoek_
Level 4
Dear CraigV,

Thank you for your information I'm going to see what I can do tomorow. But probaly these updates need to run later cause we have other applications running on our server which are important for our business.

Only I want to know the following thing cause this is not complety clear to me.
"I'd suggest you push out your Remote Agent from your media server again"
What do you mean with this?

You mean I need to remove them from the local user groups and than update and than later readd it?

Kind regards and already many thanks,
MrHoek

pkh
   VIP    Certified
MrHoek,

Let me get this straight.  Athena is your media server.  You are able to backup other machines, but not Athena itself.  Am I correct?

If so, have you tried backing up a couple of files on Athena?  Do you get the same message?  Was Athena re-booted since the last update to BE?

When Craig asked you to push out the agent again, I think he is thinking that you were unable to backup other machines.  If Athena which is the media server is the machine that you are having problems with, then you do not need to push out the agents again.

CraigV
Hi MrHoek,

Any news here?

CraigV
Hi,

Any news here?

MrHoek_
Level 4
Sorry for my reaction I have this problem already solved and there are currently no issues anymore considering our Backup Exec.
Thank you for helping / advicing and replying!

Kind regards,
MrHoek

CraigV
Cool...can you please mark off whichever posting helped to close this off?

Thanks!