cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent on NetWare 6.5 Sp2

JStreet
Level 3
We are trying to backup a remote NetWare 6.5 server using the remote agent for Veritas BackupExec 9.1.
We receive the following error.

Final error: 0xa000846b -
Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
Make sure that the Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target computer.

Beremote and bkupexec appear to be loaded on the NW server and local Windows backups work OK.

I
7 REPLIES 7

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
Ensure that you're backing up the NetWare server by selecting it from SMS selections in backup selection list. Open BE GUI, go to Tools| Options| NetWare SMS, add the NetWare server.

Do you have the license key for Remote Agent for NetWare Server.

JStreet
Level 3
We are selecting the server from the SMS section and we do have a license for the remote server.

I have noticed the the BEREMOTE service on the backup server does not stay running. If I manually start this service and perform a backup of the remote server it works correctly.

JStreet
Level 3
The actual service name listed is
Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Backup Exec Remote agent fo rwindows server service is running under which account?
It should be Local system account.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Regards,

JStreet
Level 3
It is running as the Local system account

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Please install the following patch:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2970478.htm

Note: Please copy the entire patch.

- Type "m beremote.nlm" at the server prompt
- This should give you the version of Remote Agent
- The latest version is 1154

- Also please let us know how many NIC cards are you using?
- Do you have a license for Remote Agent for NetWare?

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.