cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent services doesn't start on remote Server

Lappen
Level 2
The remote Agent has been working before, but now it doesn't start (just states "Starting" under services forever).

I have done the following.
  1. Trying to push the Agent, from mediaserver. The installation is fine but the service doesn't start
  2. Removing the agent using msi cleaning utility, removing reg keys (service and more) and files
  3. Updating the media server
  4. Copying the Agent files (32 bit windows) from media server to the remote server (w2k3 sp1)
  5. Installing the agent again using setupaa.cmd
  6. Still same problem
  7. Rebooting server, same problem
  8. Doing point 2 but running "start /wait setup /RANT32:" at the command line instead
  9. See point 7
  10. Doing point 2,5 changing the logon properties on the service to the domain administrators username and password, se point 6
  11. Doing point 2,5 to have a standard installation still the same problem

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

David_McCahan
Level 2
I had the sames issue and used the msi cleaning utility, copied the Agent files to the remote server. I couldn't seem to get the command line install to run either so just ran the setup.exe (copied Agent files) from Windows Explorer and everything setup properly and is now running fine.

Lappen
Level 2
Hi,

I just found the problem and fixed it.

I have been doing all points (see 1:st post) logged in with RDP.

As usual that is not an good idea when working with BE products when doing updates or installations.

The problem was that a popupwindow* showed on the console and hung the last part of the installation.

When running the installation from the console and klicked "OK" on the popup the installation was finnished without errors and the service started fine.

* The window warned that there was no standard e-mail client on the server, just klicked "OK"