cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agents aren't compatible with 9.1

Jeff_Mock_2
Level 3
I'm running BackupExec 9.1 and just purchased a Remote Agent (CAL) so that I can backup a new server that has been added to the network. Symantec sent me a License Key for a 10.1 Remote Agent License which BackupExec won't accept because it's not the same version. Symantec tells me that they won't downgrade the Key so that I can use it with 9.1. What are my options here? I just spent a lot of money on a Remote Agent that I apparently can't use.
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Have you tried contacting the sales team:

If the problem persists please revert.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
With Veritas, you used to stand a good chance of getting a back level serial. With Symantec you have no chance

About all that you can do at this point is go to EBay or one of the other Auction sites

(You SHOULD be able to get your mon ey back from Symantec if you specifically said that you had a v9.1 server, but who knows?)

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.