cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Backup of a Windows XP Professional PC

Manoj_Nayak
Not applicable
Hello,

I have installed Remote Backup Exec on a Windows XP PC by using the command line option which was installed on my PC and the Service "Backup ExecRemote Agent for Windows Servers" is started on my PC.
Also "Use Simple File Sharing" option in Explorer |Tools |Folder Options \View is cleared as suugested in Veritas site document ID 241419 , Force Guest disable option.
When I try to take backup of the windows xp pc from my media server, I am not able to see the windows XP PC in the list of Remote Selection |Microsoft Windows Network
What could be the reason for this ?Please guide me.
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

-- Verify if BE remote agent service is running under local system account on both the servers i.e on the BE media server and the win XP machine.

-- Verify if you can ping the Windwos xp machine using IP address an dthe machine name from B Emedia server and vice versa?

-- Add the machine name and theIP address of the Win XP machine in the host file of the B Emedia server and vice versa.

-- Verify if port 10, 000 is open?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.