cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent Issues

ltjimster
Level 6

Hello,

I'm getting an Error concerning my Remote agent to one of my media servers when i try to restore something;

Restore 00100 -- The job failed with the following error: The resource could not be restored because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.

I think i've found out what it might be but i can't Resolve it, the server in question, the Nework cards were Teamed but it isn't now because for some reason it doesnt want to talk to the other Media Server properly for our network. So We've had to turn off the Team setting and disable the other network card, so my question is can i carry on normal with teamed network cards?

Thanks
James 

4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
As far as my experience goes teaming is not supported by Backup Exec.

ltjimster
Level 6
I think i've managed to sort it, fingers crossed

Thanks for your reply Dev.

James

Dev_T
Level 6
Please post your resolution for other people....

ltjimster
Level 6

All i changed was something in Options - Network and Security and i changed the Protocol from Use any available protocol to IPv4 which our server has a Static/manual IP address set for our DNS.

But the thing is on the Interface Setting it's set to Use any Available network Interface but there wasn't an available interface for it to choose from but there is now so i don't know if it just took alittle bit of time to go through or it was because i choose the IPv4 in the protocol setting.

Hope that makes sense and Helps?

Thanks
James