cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent downgrade

sz8sc9
Level 2
We are running V9.1 and I ordered a remote agent for a newly installed server. The registration key failed with the error message that the agent could not be applied to the current system. The vendor tells me that I have received a V10 remote agent and that I have to apply to Veritas in order to downgrade it to 9.1 and obtain a new key. How is the procedure and why I was not made aware of that when I purchased it ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gianni Lepri
4 REPLIES 4

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please send us the serial no.(License key) for the remote agent to verify the version.

Note:Licenses of Backup Exec v9.x are not compatible with Backup Exec v10.x and vice versa.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the answered threads pool.

sz8sc9
Level 2
Hello,

I'be glad to send the reg.key. Can you pls give me an email address to send to ? Thanks.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As you are using Backup Exec v 9.1 and you received the remote agent license key for the Backup Exec v 10.0, it is not possible to downgrade it to Bcakup Exec v 9.1.

As we have mentioned earlier Licenses of Backup Exec v9.x are not compatible with Backup Exec v10.x and vice versa.

You will have to contact our sales team to get the license for the remote agent for Backup Exec v 9.1.
http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
deepali

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.