cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent install

Jeffrey_Kingsto
Level 2
I have moved a server from DMZ to inside the LAN. I have added two additional servers and the installation of the Remote Agent worked fine on the new servers. However, when I try to install on the server that was moved and re-IP'd the install aborts with no specific error. Any ideas how to find out why?
3 REPLIES 3

dfosbenner
Level 4
Basic shot in the dark here...

Since the server was moved & re-IP'd, it's possible that one or more WINS or DNS servers haven't picked up the change. And the change may not have tricked down to the local cache of the system where you're pushing the agent from.

Personally, I'd go through WINS & DNS, remove all references to the old IP, then replicate to all the other servers. At the BE server, do an IPCONFIG /flushDNS and an NBTSTAT -R.

Once you're sure that all forms of name resolution are working, retry it. I've seen scenarios where PING comes back correct (it's using DNS), while a failed app is using NetBIOS.

Jeffrey_Kingsto
Level 2
Thanks for the tip. I'll give this a shot first thing in the morning and let you know how it worked

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello Jeffrey,

Please let us know if the suggestions provided earlier have helped. Please update us on the that.

======================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved toanswered questions pool.