cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote agent issues

Luke_Ziemelis
Level 2
I am trying to restore a backup from one server running Windows 2003 for small business server on another machine running the same. The second machine is not connected to the first or any network as this is a test of our disaster recovery procedures.
The problem is, whenever I try to run the restore (not over network. Backup files copied to new machine & new backup folders and media sets created) I keep getting the error:

"The resource could not be restored because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. Make sure that the Remote Agent is installed on the target computer and is running."

Now as far as I can work out, Remote Agent is running. I've stopped & restarted it just to make sure.

I have tried looking up this error on the knowledge base and on here but I could not find a situation similar to mine so I am hoping that someone here will know how I can fix my problem.

thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
So just to clarify, both SBS servers have a tape drive installed in them, you take the tape from Server A, put it in Server B and try to restore the data from the backup on to itself?

Is Server B already configured and running as an SBS server?

I'm about to have a play with manually restoring an existing SBS server backup to a new system, so I'll see what I find, and if I see anything similar when I try.

Will report back

Keith

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When you setup the restore job, are you selecting the "redirect" option?

If not, BackupExec will attempt to find the original server

As long as the two servers are not on the same network, you can also try naming the Restore Server the same as the Original server (including the same WorkGroup name)Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam

Chris_Hansen
Level 3
If you are not connected to a network, then you need to install MS Loopback adapter.

See article: http://support.veritas.com/docs/237693