cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote selections without using Browse List?

Eric_Christia1
Level 2
Is there some way to build my backup job's selection list for remote devices that does not require my remote system to appear in my Network Browse list (i.e network neighborhood)?

As of right now, I have some servers which are not in my browse list (and thus are not selectable in the Backup Selection List windows) which I want to be able to back up. I tried adding them as a User-defined selection by their IP Address, but the problem with this is that I can only select hard drive partitions or shares, not SQL Server or Exchange Server components.
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Eric,
You can only select Database Files after installing a remote Agent. Without that you can only select and backup shares and drives. However we do not gurantee and Backups or Restores if the Backups are not done with the help of a Remote agent.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Regards

Eric_Christia1
Level 2
I guess I left that out in my original post. I do have remote agents installed on these servers, but because I cannot see them in my browse list, I cannot choose them directly in the Remote Selections area under Microsoft Windows Network grouping.

This is the reason I tried adding them as a User-defined Selection, using the IP address of those machines, but when I choose them in this area, I do not have the Database options available for backup, only disk partitions and shares.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Verify if port 10,000 is open and listening on the BE server as well as on the remote server.

Thank you & regards,