cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote virtual cluster server running SQL Server 2000 SP4 the SQL Agent icon is not displayed

Mr__P
Level 2
Dear All,

"When selecting a remote virtual cluster server running SQL Server 2000 SP4 the SQL Agent icon is not displayed"

We have a trouble when install veritas agent sql on microsoft cluster with 3 node. After I install the agent to the three phisical server, then  i try to restore. The restore are succesfull but when i try to backup i cannot see SQL server Agent. For Your Informatin we use :
Node 1. Windows 2003 Datacenter SP2
Node 2  Windows 2003 Datacenter SP2
Node 3  Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition

and Backup Exec Server Windows 2003 Std Edition with Symantec BackupExec 10d Rev 5629

There is any update!

Thank you in advance

Mr. P
3 REPLIES 3

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
I have some bad news for you Smiley Sad
I never got BE10 to properly display a clustered SQL instance in a selection list. Period.
The good news is that it works in BE11d.

Mr__P
Level 2
Actually BE10D was doing okay when our clustered SQL Server has only one instance (default) running. When we moved our production to new server, the new hardware configuration forces us to create a new instance on the SQL server, and since then BE10D refused to recognize the SQL Server Agent

Any help?

Mr__P
Level 2
Thanks to all,

We already succes to solve this problem. We modify registry key on each server
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\NTFS\
                         Name                                 Type                       Data 
Value = Restric Anonymous Support    REG_DWORD          0x00000000(0)

Change this value to 1

Value = Restric Anonymous Support    REG_DWORD          0x00000000(1)