cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports too large!

OptiX
Level 3
We are experiencing problems trying to send smtp reports for our Incremental job. We get an NDR back and it shows that the file trying to be sent is over 30MB! The report for the Full Backup job works fine.

Thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5

Atique_Qureshi
Level 4
Hi ,
This is a limitation on your exchange server because of which you are not getting the attached report. Ask the Exchange administrator to increase the attachment size limit for this mailbox and your mailbox. That is if he can do it !!!
For any further queries you can contact me on mail : aatiquequreshi@aol.com

Regards,
Atique Qureshi
VCP,VSS, MCSE-03

OptiX
Level 3
Why would an html attachment grow to over 30MB? Would changing the log settings decrease the attachment to something more reasonable?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You can change the logging level, but that is a Global change, not per by job.

What is taking up all the space in the huge job logs?

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 02-25-2008 07:55 AM

OptiX
Level 3
Under "Backup Set Detail Information" there is a slew of paths -- I think that is normal because it is showing everything that was backed up but 41MB of text? Something isnt correct.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sounds like the logging level got set to Detail or perhaps Summary Plus Directories

I generally only use "Summary" logging unless there is a specific problem I'm trouble shooting
It gives you a summary for each share/drive/database you backup, as well as all error/waring messages

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 02-25-2008 09:39 AM