Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Errors - NDMP Subsystem

Loftus_IT
Level 2
Partner

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with 11d where my nightly differential backup (target is a backup-to-disk folder) is failing with the error:

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e000feb9 - The NDMP subsystem reports that a request cannot be processed because it is in the wrong state to service the request.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65209

The link it refers to doesn't exist and I haven't found much info from a google search or these forums except to check that port 10000 is available on all remote agents (it is) and all remote agents are running under the local system account (they are). The full backup which runs once a week (target backup-to-disk folder) runs perfectly. It looks as if the differential completes but still gives this error. There is plenty of space on the drive on which the backup-to-disk folders reside.

Both the full and the differential job backup the same selection which is a complete backup of the local server, 2 remote Active Directory  servers and a remote Exchange 2003 SP2 server. All the latest hotfixes have been applied.

One of the other things mentioned was to split up the individual components and find out which one is causing the error but I dont really want to do this because it will take ages.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
Dave Brown

0 REPLIES 0