cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore/Catalog looking for non-existent tape

Gordon_Harford
Level 2
Dear ALL,

I have a user who faithfully does a end of month backup of his D (Data) drive.He is using a DLT drive and the D drive fully and according to the backup log that was produced showed no errors and completed on ONE tape. He now wants to get some info off tape. However when you put tape back in, inventory the drive and then catalog it....it says that no all the media set is there and cannot continue. I went to Options and put storage based catalogs off and that successfully completes.However now when you right-click in device tab and choose Restore... the files he backup are not there.

I have now put the tape in another DLT drive on another machine running BEWS 9.1 and that shows the same problems

Any advise?

PS I have tried the DirectAssist and
1) Cannot get the website to open up at my server
2 when I do it from my PC and fill in the relevent system docs stuff...afterwards it prompts me for a support number- which I do not have...I thought this service was free?

Thank you for your time reading this

cheers

gordon harford
1 REPLY 1

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

As you have mentioned in the post : "However when you put tape back in, inventory the drive and then catalog it....it says that no all the media set is there and cannot continue"

We would like to know the exact error and any other media set properties or name changes you have done before restoring this information ?

Any error you have got in the backup job log?

Please lets us know whether you can see this restore set from Restore tab ?

For any further query do revert.

Thank you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.