cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall BE2012 SP1a

One_Skunk_Todd
Level 2

I have BE2012 on a Win2003 Server and seems to be dying by inches. What I'd like is to uninstall it altogether however when I try via Add/Remove programs nothing happens. ie I click the Remove button and nothing happens. Click the Change button also nothing happens. In the App log I see an Event ID 1000 Faulting Application VXLogServer.exe, the version number, and offset 0x001aff5d.

In BE itself I can't seem to open the licensing configurator, and the storage page won't let me remove old tape drives (says it's in use by a nonexistent job). I've tried running the installer again and it runs for a moment then says something like "Processed 690 files" and then it stops and nothing else happens. The environment checker runs just fine.

Any thoughts on how I can completely remove and re-install BE? I don't need to save any catalogs or any other old information.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
hi, there is a utility from Microsoft that cleans up installed applications. it is called Microsoft Cleanup Utility...download it and run it, and use this to uninstall BE! Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
hi, there is a utility from Microsoft that cleans up installed applications. it is called Microsoft Cleanup Utility...download it and run it, and use this to uninstall BE! Thanks!

One_Skunk_Todd
Level 2

That worked.