cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Exchange mailbox

tor_martin_kris
Level 3
Hi!

I'm trying for the first time to restore a single exchange mailbox. The job completion status is successful, but when I investigate the job log, all the items are skipped (1758 items):

I.E: Item <Mailserver>\hidden\SG3MB1<UserName>.Common ViewsMeldinger was skipped by the user

Why is that, and what I can I do about it?

Tor
6 REPLIES 6

tor_martin_kris
Level 3
Anyone?

Tor Martin

Ross_Martin
Not applicable
I have the same problem and have had an open case with Symantec for several days trying to correct the problem.  First check and make sure you at least have build 7170. They are reviewing the detailed logs, but there has not been a solution offered yet.

I'll post the progress, but I probably won't get to try another restore until after July 4th.

Ross

bboerst
Level 4
Do any of you guys happen to have Hotfixes 3,4,5 installed?  I was having all kinds of issues with Exchange and the individual mailbox piece and after uninstalling these 3 hotfixes everything just started working fine again.  Just a thought...

EM
Level 2
I am strugling with the same "restore mailbox problem". I installed 7170 hotfix 3,4,7,8 on media-server and get stuck while installing hotfixes on the remote client (exchange server).

So, where do you suggest to remove the Hotfixes? On the Remote Client or on the Mediaserver or on both?

How did you uninstall this hotfixes? I cannot find them in "Add / Remove Programs..". There is only "Symantec Backeup Exec 11d (TM) for Windows Servers" listed, no hotfixes separately.

Thanks, Erich

UNI_Computers
Level 3
i'm also having the same issues.  I have all of the hotfixes installed.  I'm doing this as a test on my server before I try it on my client's server who actually needs the restore.

i'm trying to restore to a recovery group, no success.

tor_martin_kris
Level 3
Anyone frmo support care to look at this?

tnx
Tor