cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Job Rate Drops Continually....

adamf83
Level 3

We are in the process of a large restore (having rebuilt a fileserver) and since starting the job around 40 minutes ago, only 9GB (out of 640GB) has been restored and the job rate has steadily dropped from over 1GB/min down to 200MB/min and continues to fall....  It has been stuck on the same file for the last 15-20 minutes..

The target server has just been rebuilt, has nothing else on it apart from what has already been restored and doesn't appear to be struggling as far as I can tell.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this as I am concerned.  This has to be finished this week and I have another 800GB to do after this 640GB finishes.

Cheers

Adam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamf83
Level 3

After a conversation with Dell (we are using a TL2000 tape library), they noticed the the firmware version on the library was well out of date and advised that we do the restore in smaller batches and once complete upgrade the firmware.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Adam,

Is it the same file, and if so, what is it?

What happens if you happen to leave this particular file off the restore?

Can you also check and make sure that the NIC is hard-coded to the fastest speed it can do, along with the port speed on the LAN switch? And lastly, can you make sure that the RAWS agent on that server is pointing to your media server?

Thanks!

adamf83
Level 3

After a conversation with Dell (we are using a TL2000 tape library), they noticed the the firmware version on the library was well out of date and advised that we do the restore in smaller batches and once complete upgrade the firmware.