Running 11d 6235
Restore Job Runs and files are restored, but Job never completes
Using Sony Dat Drive with Latest Symantec Drivers
Busy light on drive continues flashing and job remains active
It posts crazy time to finish numbers in the activity log like 894853:07:05
5 REPLIES 5

Garen_Keshishia
Level 4
I have no resolution but just wanted to say we have the same problem.

Job log will show as 100%, the files will be restored and functional but the job will remain active.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Scott,

Please let us know what data you are trying to restore.

Are you using the same account that you have used to backup?

==================

Kurt_DeLanoy
Level 3
We have the same exact problem. Restore seems to work but it hangs at 100% and I have to manually cancel the job. I am just trying to restore a directory of random folders and files to an alternate location.

I installed new firmware on the tape drive and also tried the symantec driver and dell driver. This did not solve the problem.

Scott_Hirschfel
Level 2
I created a special Backup Exec account as the login account for the services. I am not sure what credentials the backup is using... I think it is the system account, but would have to go back on site to be sure. I am scheduling the restore as a different administrative user on the machine. Please let me know if I should try adjusting this setup. -Thanks

Scott_Hirschfel
Level 2
I am still having this problem. It is a very simple setup. The data being restored is local and is being restored to its original location. The data restores perfectly, and says 100% complete. The job just never completes. I have let it run for up to 15 minutes, but end up having to cancel.

I am logged in as and administrative user when I do the restore. I am using the system account credentials.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I noticed there are others with the same issue tagging on to this thread, and another thread that appears to have no resolution either.

Thanks!