Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm busy loosing it here please help ASAP

Luke_Duraj
Level 3
Good day to all

I'm glad I found this forum as I am in need of answers

I have 11D running on a server thats hosting a SQL Database. Not sure if this is a problem. Anyways I recently upgraded the DC from 2000 to version 2003.

Every since the upgrade was done I got the following error message when the backup is busy with the system state.

V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.
Access denied to directory Active Directory\CN=Configuration\CN=DisplaySpecifiers\CN=41d\CN=protocolCfgPOPServer-Display\.
Directory \\jhb_ingwe.ingwehealth.co.za\System?State\Microsoft Active Directory\Active Directory\CN=Configuration\CN=DisplaySpecifiers\CN=41d\CN=protocolCfgPOPServer-Display\ was not found, or could not be accessed.

Now there are a few of these entries in the backup log. I am doing the backup with the administrator account. When I do a Resource Credential check for the admin account it goes through without a problem.

In most cases the Test Run will complete without a problem. I did a test yesterday. I did a small backup of a folder on the DC then the system state utility partition and Shadow copy components. It ren the first time without a problem. I then ren it again without changing anything and it gave the above error again.

I reinstalled the Backup Exec remote client to no vail.

Guys if any had this before or has a solution for this problem please let me know. The backups are currently running but without the DC's system state. This could mean a lot of trouble for me. Been struggeling with this problem for the past 4 days now.

Thanks a stack

Luke Duraj

Message was edited by:
Luke DurajMessage was edited by:
Luke Duraj
8 REPLIES 8

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Luke

Try redefining the task, deleting and selecting the source again. Maybe it still has entries os Windows 2000 that do not exist on Windows 2003.

Regards

Luke_Duraj
Level 3
Thanks for the reply David

I've decided to move the BE Software to a completely new server. I've setup a new server to the sole reason of a Backup server.

I will install the software create a completely new job and see how it goes.

I will let you know.

Thanks again for the help

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
OK Luke, good luck then.

Anyway, just in case, you could try redefining the job just to see what happens.

Regards

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Luke,

as David suggested you might need to recreate the jobs. That would mean delete everything and recreate everything. You could test it for one job first.

We would also suggest you to run a Repair Install of the Software from the Add remove Programs, before you recreate the jobs.

Thanks
Regards

Luke_Duraj
Level 3
Ok I created a brand new job. A small one consisting of folder on the C drive, System state, Utility partition and Shadow Copy Components.

The Job has faild with the same results.

Jeff_Zankofsky
Level 5
Employee
Go to the Microsoft Active Directory tab in the job properties and see if you have "Enable the retstore of individual objects in Active Directory" selected. De-select it and try another backup. If the error goes away, this tells us that BE was having trouble retriving an AD object. If that option is not selected, try an NTbackup of that System State and see if that fails as well. Mabe the upgrade to 2003 caused a problem with that object.

Jeff

Luke_Duraj
Level 3
Ok guys. I managed to get it going. Here is what happend for anybody else that might have the same problem in the future.

I installed the software on a brand new server and pushed the remote agent to all the servers again. All of the servers were rebooted.

This gave the same results. No backup of the system state. Which suggests that the software is working 100%. So I started digging around.

I found that the Backup Exec remote client service was using the local account on the DC. I setup the service to start with the domain\administrator and all is good.

Did 3 tests and one main backup and everything is working 100%. Not sure why this worked before and what has changed with the upgrade but am glad its working.

Thanks for the help.

Luke_Duraj
Level 3
Guys ignore what I wrote before.

It worked for a day. I'm back to square one.

Starting to wander if buying this software was a good idea.