cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Selections "greyed out"

mjcymru
Level 4

Hi,

Im trying to restore a backup I ran on another Backup Exec media Server (both version 12.5).

The media catalogue's fine and I can see the directory structure of the files id like to restore, however I can only choose partial selections to restore not the whole folder structure as these selections are greyed out!

Has anyone come across this before and/or know a solution?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sbora
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It can be a coruption with catalogs related to the tapes on the second server. Delete the catalogs for this tape on the problem server and try to re-catalog the tape and check if it helps. Else you can try to copy the catalog files for this tape fromm the original server to the second server and then attempt a restore.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

sbora
Level 6

Can you please post the screenshot of the restore selections showing the grayed out selections?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you checked the data under view by media tab?

EDIT: Refer  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH15540

Regards.....

mjcymru
Level 4

Hi, here's a screenshot of the selections greyed out...

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you tried the process mentioned in the TN 15540, to select those files?

Right click on the file and click on check.

Regards...

mjcymru
Level 4

ive tried that but the files still do not become checked after doing this...is this happening as the files are corrupt? the backup made no mention of this....

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are both these media servers in the same domain?

sbora
Level 6

What about the original server where the backup was performed? Is it still operational? Can you check if these folders can be selected in the restore job on the original server?

mjcymru
Level 4

Hi,

both servers are in the same domain.  If i go on the original backup server i can select all the folders from the original backup....

sbora
Level 6

It can be a coruption with catalogs related to the tapes on the second server. Delete the catalogs for this tape on the problem server and try to re-catalog the tape and check if it helps. Else you can try to copy the catalog files for this tape fromm the original server to the second server and then attempt a restore.

mjcymru
Level 4

ok will move the catalogs to another drive and re-catalog...fingers-crossed! :)

if this fails how would i know what catalog files i need to copy from the working server?

Colin_Weaver

Did the backup originally run to two tapes and have you only catalogued the second tape?

mjcymru
Level 4

i cant view the job log to see what media was used as the original job is nearly 2TB (just errors out, the actual log is over 1GB) though I have brought all the tapes used in that cycle down to the restore location.

mjcymru
Level 4

good news! re-catolog worked! i deleted the original catlaog then re-ran them now i can see all the files/folders :)

thanks for all the advice :)