cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore fails because of corrupted servername - please help!

Fredrik_Karlsso
Level 3
Hi,

I'm using BackupExec for Windows Servers 9.1 installed on our Win2K server. From that server we're backing up data on a Mac OS X Server ver. 10.3 using a BE Mac Agent.

All my backups are running fine without a single errror in my logs and they all end up successful. I verify all backups but I don't restore to verify, I just use the built-in function.

Now, I find myself in a situation where I need to restore some files to this OS X server but I can't even connect to the remote agent when running a restore from the last full backup.

The restore job fails saying "Final error: 0xa000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server." and "Access is denied to Remote Agent".

I think I know why this happens but i don't know how to fix it.
Here's my explanation: When backing up, all references to the data starts with the servername GTSRVOSX which is the correct servername but when looking at the failed restore job log the servername is missing the first 2 characters so it looks like this SRVOSX. This must be why it fails to authenticate to the server since that server doesn't even exist.

My question is HOW is this possible?

I would appreciate ALL help I can get since this is kind of an emergency for me.

Thank's in advance!
Fredrik
1 REPLY 1

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Fredrik!

Please check whether the remote agent service on the remote server and backup server is running under the LSA (Local System Account).

Check if BESA is part of Domain Admins and administrators.

I would also suggest you to refer to following technote :
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273528

Have you changed the server name in any case? The server name should be same as before.

Thanks and Regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.