cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from tape help??

Paulo
Level 4
We are currently backing up to a B2D folder every night, and then we backup the bkf file onto the autoloader. If I want to restore something from the tape, I have two problems. Firstly if I have a 120GB bkf file on the tape, how can I catalog the contents of that bkf file on the tape without having to restore the entire contents of the tape?

Also, when I tried to restore the throughput rate was unbelieveably slow, about 4Kb a second or something like that. I am using a Dell 124T LT03 autoloader.

Can anyone help with this?

Regards
Paul.
2 REPLIES 2

Bee_Moua_2
Level 3
Unfortunately, you can't restore certain files from a .bkf file from a tape backup (unless there is a way that I am unaware of). You'll have to restore the whole 120GB .bkf to disk and then restore files from that.

Personally, backing up .bkf files is not the best practice. Instead of backing up folders with .bkf files, what you should do is create duplicate-to-tape job, in that way you can restore direclty from tape. Duplicate jobs can be configured either through a policy or from the Job Setup tab, right click on an empty space and choose "New Duplicate..." For more information go to the Help menu on BE, click on Topic and on the Index tab type in Duplicate Jobs.

On the slow restore, I'm sorry, I'm not sure why it's restoring at such a slow rate. I hope the duplicate job helps though.

Paulo
Level 4
Thanks for your help. I am currently setting up a new policy to duplicate all b2d jobs to tape.

Paul.