cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore individual Exchange Mailboxes does not end up.

Jesus_Sanchez
Level 2
Hi.

I'm trying to restore individual mailboxes into an Exchange 2003 (several at the same time) from a backup done 5 days ago.

We're running BE 9.1 SP4 in a Windows 2000 server to backup Exchange 2003 mailboxes. Exchange Server is running in a Windows 2003 Server.

I started the restore task and when it arrives almost to the end (99% in some cases, 80% in others, depending of the size of the mailboxes trying to restore) it doesn't increase the size of the bytes restored (it doesn't match the estimated bytes). I waited some time but after taking more than the actual time wasted in the real restore task I cancelled the task.

Does anyone know what's happening?

We do not have full information store backup from the day we need it and we're trying to restore directly to the information stores that are mounted.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

In case you are restoring the Exchange database, make sure that they are unmounted. One cannot restore to a mounted database.

In this case, do you mean to say that the restore jon hangs at 99%? If yes, do you get any error message when this happens? Also check in the backup exec alerts tab for any error messages.

Revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Jes_s_S_nchez_2
Not applicable
We're not restoring the full exchange database. We're restoring several mailboxes at the same time.

Sometimes it ends ups by itself reporting an 'Access denied' error message. When it happens, the remote agent service in the remote server we're backing up stops (we can see a Dr. Watson message in the event viewer).

But when we stop it manually, sometimes says 'Task cancelled by user' and sometimes reports 'Access denied' but without stopping the remote agent.

We installed SP4 recently and following the installation we also installed the remote agent, but without uninstalling the old version, and we are wondering if this was the right way.

When it stops restoring folders and files the process is normally at 99% but if you're restoring just one mailbox or two, it stops at 80% or 75%.

One point that I forgot to mention is that the full copy from where we're restoring did not end properly but the mailboxes we're trying to restore ended without problems and they're not tagged with a red mark.

Thanks.

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
HI,

As you said you have applied service pack 4a, please check that the version of

BEWS and BEREMOTE.exe are the same.

Do revert on this.

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Jesus_Sanchez
Level 2
If I check the version using the Help > About option we get Version 9.1 Rev 4691 but we do not get any info about the service pack installed. I dont't know if there is another way to check it directly from the BEWS.exe file.

But If I check it using Veritas Update it seems that SP 4a is installed, this is the message we get:

------

Product: VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers, Version 9.1

Installed Updates:

be4691RSP4a_280008

Date: November 03, 2005 Size: 22487 KB

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691 - Service Pack 4a - Includes Critical Security Update

-----

I don't know how to check the revision of the remote agent (BEREMOTE) to verify if the service pack has been properly applied and I will appreciate any kind of help in this matter.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Run the sgmon before running the restore

How to create SGMON.LOG
<<>>

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.