cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore individual emails in Exchange 2012 with BE 2012 r3

Marduk
Level 4

I hope they are right. I require urgent help. because I have a client that has exchange 2010 and BE 2010 r3. has two jobs. exchange daily (incremental) and monthly exchange (full). but when I execute a selected restoration about 4 or 5 emails from the inbox of a mailbox X. starts the job of restoration and fails. saying that it takes a complement. (exchange server mapi client and data collection objects). is assumed that this complement is no longer required for exchange 2010. someone tells me about it because always is canceled

Note: Restoring the'm doing in a removable disk on the server set BE 2010 R3 1 TB capacity is available.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

MAPI/CDO is indeed not used in Exch 2010 (as it has been replaced by EWS), however would you please double-check the exch version (I have not seen that particular error on an exch 2010 restore)...

Do install the exch management tools on the BE media server...And, check if the BE account is using an active, non-hidden & unique mailbox...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marduk
Level 4

adjunto la imagen

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

MAPI CDO is required if you run Exchange 2007, as you run Exchange 2010 it should not be required anymore.

What is required, is the installation of the Exchange 2010 management tools on the backup exec server, do you have these installed ?

Marduk
Level 4

but where download or install as I can detail the topic?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

MAPI/CDO is indeed not used in Exch 2010 (as it has been replaced by EWS), however would you please double-check the exch version (I have not seen that particular error on an exch 2010 restore)...

Do install the exch management tools on the BE media server...And, check if the BE account is using an active, non-hidden & unique mailbox...

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Insert the Exchange 2010 DVD to your server and during the installation wizard, choose to install the Management tools only.