cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Restore of individual email messages from GRT with Ex2010 using BEX2010 fails

schedlbauerm
Level 3
When I try to do a restore of individual email messages from GRT with Ex2010 using BEX2010 it fails. The exact error message is described in the following KB-Article. http://support.veritas.com/docs/337861 Restore of individual email messages from Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) enabled Exchange Information Store backup sets using Backup Exec 2010 fail with error "0xe00002f8 one or multiple mail messages could not be opened because of an unknown MAPI error " if the Exchange Client Access Server has Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates installed. I've talked to several people who use BEX2010 and they all think that Symantec should fix this as soon as possible. Symantec offers the following workaround: Restore the Mailbox Database to the Recovery Storage Group and then extract the required email messages/mailboxes. I don't think that this is a good idea. Our mailboxdatabases are about 100GB in size. It would take too much time to restore them to a recovery storage group for just restoring 1 email. Perhaps somebody from Symantec-Support can tell if this problem will be fixed soon. The only cause why we bought BEX2010 was that Symantec-Sales told us that this should work. Kind regards Martin
0 REPLIES 0