cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore on BE server causing backup job problems...

mrpush
Level 4

Hi,

I after drive failure, I needed to restore a drive that housed my backup jobs.  After restore to a point in the past, backup exec shows several media as yellow "?" with media set = "scratch media" and Media description  = (blank media) and not appendable.

Regular backups to local disk work fine, but my duplicate jobs (via a policy) now do not work and I receive this error:

"The job failed with the following error: Physical Volume Library Media not found."

I tried inventory and catalog, but this does not help either.  The catalog jobs fail with same error

"V-79-57344-33035 - Error - Mount failed.
Physical Volume Library Drive not found.

V-79-57344-33035 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media

I tried re-associating the media and then changing type form blank to B2D, this did not work either.

Due to the restore to a time in the past, BE is does not have the right data somewhere.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks much,

MP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The backup and duplicate jobs should always be run in pairs.  Without running the backup job, you should not run the duplicate job.

When you delete the jobs created by policies, the job history still remains, so there is no need to import them.

When you delete jobs creaetd by policies, you should right-click on the policy and select delete jobs.  This will do a clean delete of both the backup and duplicate jobs.  You can then create the jobs again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mrpush
Level 4

bump

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try re-creating both your backup and duplicate jobs.  This should be easy since you are using a policy.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...does your new B2D have the same name and location?

mrpush
Level 4

Hi,  Thanks for the tip.  I tried recreating one of the jobs and it worked.  I had to re-run both the B2D job first, then the DUP job.  If I tried the dup job without re-run of the B2D job, I would get the error "the script associated with this job contained no valid selections".

Yes, by jobs were created with the same name an locations.

I have had the need to recreated jobs lately for other reasons as well.  Is there some way to keep copies of the policy jobs that could be imported?

Thanks much,

MP

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The backup and duplicate jobs should always be run in pairs.  Without running the backup job, you should not run the duplicate job.

When you delete the jobs created by policies, the job history still remains, so there is no need to import them.

When you delete jobs creaetd by policies, you should right-click on the policy and select delete jobs.  This will do a clean delete of both the backup and duplicate jobs.  You can then create the jobs again.

mrpush
Level 4

Great, thanks very much!

MP