cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Exchange 2000 Information Store

Bettie_Claxton
Level 4
I'm trying to restore a redirected store to a recovery server so I can gather old mai for the corporatte attorney. This server is running W2000 SP4, Exchange 2000 SP3, BackupExec 9.0. I keep getting an Access is denied to database Mailbox store for the sever. I have done everything in Document 235756 and 253171 but it still fails with access is denied. I am using the logon account that installed the Exchange server software and is a member of Domain admins and Enterprise Admins. This is also the account that logons for the BU Exec services. There is only one domain but I am redirecting the restore to the recovery server. I've done this before and it worked esasily, but I've been battling this one for a couple of days.

One thing I noticed is that I cannot backup the mailboxes although I can the IS. This makes me think it is at the core of the problem, but I am stumped to figure out what is different here.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
B
1 REPLY 1

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Please check out the following document which will help you with mailbox backups:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/249456
How to configure a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and 2000 individual mailbox backup for Backup Exec 8.x, 9.x or 10.x software

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.