cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Exchange 2003 information stores using BE 9.x

Mark_Solomon
Level 2
Following a problem (losing the E00.log file due to a misconfigured anti-virus setup), I'm trying to recover an Exchange SBS 2003 from a combination of Full (4th Feb) and Differential (11th Feb) using Backup Exec 9.0 Small Business Edition.

My problem is that - whilst recovering the Full backup - I get the following error: -

Error: The database Public Folder Store must be created prior to restore

And I really don't understand what it means.

Can anyone help with this, or with the process in general?
5 REPLIES 5

Sandesh_Bora
Level 3
This error can occur if the public folder store you are restoring does not exist or the name of the store is different than the one at the time of backup. If the public folder name is different from the original one rename it to the original name.

You can refer to the following technote for help on restoring the information store.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/235756
Note : Refer from step 2 in the above document.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
The above post is correct regarding the name, or existance, of the store being required.

When you open Exchange System manager and drill down to the server, you will see at least one Storage Group, or more if you added any. If you took the defaults, and only have one Storage Group, your Public Folder Store must be in the first storage group. Expand the Storage group, you should see at least one mailbox store and one public folder store (the minimums).

Compare what is shown on your Exchange Server to what you see in the restore selections for your exchange database. If in BE you see Storage Group 1 has two mailbox stores and one public folder store, you must have the same names in Exchange System Manager. For Instance, if you Public Folder is named "Internet Newsgroups" it must have the same name in Exchange's directory structure.

In short, whatever you see listed in the BE restore selections under Exchange, verify the names match exactly to what you see in Exchange System Manager. Also, if the names match already, make sure the public folder store is mounted (no red x next to it - right click and mount it if you see the red x)

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Right said deynub.
I agree with the above post. It should work if you take the above two posts into consideration.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered"and would be moved to "answered questions"pool.

Thanks!

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.