cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Exchange 2003 with IDR (ID no: c1041724)

Bond_Yeung
Level 2
Hello All,

I am trying to run a test restore of Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server running on Windows 2003 Server Standard with Bexec v 10 Rev 5520 with IDR and AOFO.

The system and all the data appears to restore okay (no errors generated in Bexec) but the Mailbox and Public Folder Stores are dismounted.
When I try to manually mount them I get the following error: -

Exchange System Manager
An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both.

ID no: c1041724
Exchange System Manager

I have searched both the Veritas forums and Microsoft KB and have not been able to resolve this issue so any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Updated: -

I have since determined the problem is caused by Advanced Open File Option. Backups of the information store with the AOFO disabled restore fine.

What are the recommended settings for AOFO in an Exchange 2003 IDR environment?Message was edited by:
Bond Yeung
1 REPLY 1

Bond_Yeung
Level 2
I have finally managed to resolve this issue.

The problem is caused by the combination of AOFO + Exchange Agent.
The Backup Exec documentation states that when the two are used in combination you should use Microsoft VSS for the snapshot technology (the Veritas options do not work).
If you run a backup using Veritas VSP then an error is generated in the log warning you that there may be issues.
However, if you leave the AOFO config to Automatic, Backup Exec selects Veritas VSP BUT no error is generated!!

This only came to light when I ran multiple backups using the different AOFO options and comparing the log files!