cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Mailbox from Exchange 2003

ITMaster1979
Level 2
Hi All, I had exchange 2003 and I have migrated to exchange 2007, now I want to restore one mailbox from the the old exchange 2003 server, I have rebuilted a new server with exchange 2003 server and I tried to restore it from the Veritas10.0 tapes, I can see only the informations store, when I select the exchange mailbox's backup I can not see any mailbox, it says no selections exist for this resource, the new built server has a different name, can someone advise please. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Are you sure your backup was a GRT backup.
Were you able to see the individual mailbox before or not?

Make sure the account you are using the restore has all the rights like
it should be domain admin, unhidden from GAL, active mailbox, full delegation to exchange, first five character should be unique

If you were not taking the GRT backup then it will not show the individual mailbox.
If you had the GRT backup then try to inventory the tape and catalog it again.
Try to duplicate the data on the disk to see if you are able to see the individual mailbox.
If still not able to see the individual mailbox then the only option is to restore to RSG and use exmerge to get the 1 maibox out of it.

The new server has the new name and that is ok as you can do the redirection but you should be able to see the individual items.

ITMaster1979
Level 2
HI Sazz

Yes it was GRT backup and the account has full exchange access, kindly advise

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Mmm...GRT would be best done when staging to disk first. Also, if you have used AOFO for some reason, it would mean not being able to restore directly from tape.
To stage to disk, and then restore from there, try the article below:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Have you come right here at all?