cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring individual mailboxes, Exchange 2007

Roger_S
Level 3
I need help troubleshooting my problem, i've had two cases open to symantec but they can't help.

I have BE 11D SP2 installed on a Win2003 R2 32-bit server and Exchange 2007 SP1 installed on a 64-bit Win2003 R2 Server. The backups of the information stores finish successfully. When trying to restore individual mailboxes I keep getting the error message:

"0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. Final error category: Resource Errors"

I can see all of the mailboxes in the list and I am able to select individual messages as well. I have checked that the database can be overwritten by a restore. I tried creating a new storage group, but I keep getting the same error. What can I do, Symantec can't help me...
2 REPLIES 2

Roger_S
Level 3
I've tried restoring to Recover Storage Groups and by telling the drive and path of the database, but the problem persists.

I am however able to restore to the mailbox associated with the BE logon account used for the restore. I can restore individual mail messages of other users to that account.

Why am I note able to restore normally to the Storage Group??? I have recreated the BE logon account and checked all the privileges and Exchange Administrator roles etc. Backups works and the option to restore individual mail messages is checked, but restores keep giving me the "unable to attach error", help me....

Has anybody got any ideas, is there something wrong with Exchange or Backup Exec???

Artem_Ostapenko
Level 3
Hi Roger,

Have you found any resolution to your problem? Have exactly the same issue on one server (all versions same as yours), tried to set up another one in test environment and there situation is even worse, GRT restore job just hangs and stays queued forever, logs on RAWS just ending with "Using REM prover for Restore", not even giving logon to the store error. All patches, login permissions etc in place.

Can anyone still provide at least some hints?