cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running free agent on redhat 8 linux. Running Backup Exec 10.0 on W 2003

Julie_Anderson
Level 2
I can see my linux servers in the Remote Selections tree on Backup Exec. When I try to connect to one of the servers I get the following error:

"An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of . The server has refused the network connection or is out of network connections".

Can this be a port or firewall issue? I have port 8192 listening on my linux servers and it seems to be running okay. I do have one linux server working witht the free agent. However the server that is working is not behind the firewall.

thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

The Backup Exec Unix Agent on the Linux server/workstation broadcasts every 30 seconds by default to port 6101 on the backup server and listens on TCP port 8192 on the Linux system. Port 8192 must be opened on the Linux server/workstation to allow backup traffic to flow to and from the Backup Exec Unix/Linux Agent.

Please verify it and let us know the results.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Julie_Anderson
Level 2
Yes, port 8192 is listening on the linux server.

Julie_Anderson
Level 2
we discovered that our port 8192 was not open the correct direction. thanks for your help. close case