cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBS 2000 Backup w/ Robotic Library

Level 2
I am running Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 SBS. The first part of the job backs up the Exchange Information Store. For some reason, once it's done backing up the information store, it loads a new tape in the library from the next slot. The Information Store is almost 3 GB; the tapes are 20/40 and the backups are configured to use compression. It does not make any sense why it would load a new tape when the Information Store is backed up to finish the job for the other files on the server. Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are there two jobs, or just two job steps?

if it is one job, then it makes no sense at all.

If you have two jobs (exchange and files), then make sure that they both use the same media set, and that the media set is configured for Append

Level 2
It's configured as a single job where there are multiple selections: Exchange and then other files on the same server. It is a single backup job that overwrites. The backup job is large enough that once a week I do a full backup, and then the rest of the week it's a differential. Also, the backup job is big enough to require two tapes, but not three, which it is currently doing since it loads a new tape after backing up the information store.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
At this point, all I can think of would be VooDoo tech support -

Delete the job and recreate it.

You might also try separate jobs for Exchange and file. The first being overwrite, the second Append, and both using the same media set