cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBS 2011 Backup Exec 2010 R3 Backup Selection List Connection with Server Failed Hit F5

western
Level 2

I have a brand new SBS 2011 Backup Exec 2010 R3. When I try to create a new Backup Selection List, it shows All Resources, which is empty. It shows in the right hand pane, Connection with Server Failed. Hit F5.

Backup Exec Service Account has logon as batch file, logon as service, all Backup Exec Services are started.

Thanks for any help you can give.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

western
Level 2

I rebuilt the server, and installed Backup Exec before I did any Windows updates. I then installed the Windows Updates in small groups. I discovers that at some point in the Windows Updates, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable, there were two of them. I uninstalled the oldest one, and Backup Exec is still working.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Make sure that your BESA has all the rights given in the document below.

Requirements for the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA).

western
Level 2

I added the missing rights to the Default Domain Controllers Policy, did a gpupdate /force, and rebooted. Still nothing in the Selections, Resource Order, or Resource Credentials.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the Remote Agent service running under Local System Account?? If its running with the Domain Account then change it to Local System Account??

Thanks,

-Sush...

western
Level 2

The Remote Agent server is running under the Local System Account.

western
Level 2

I rebuilt the server, and installed Backup Exec before I did any Windows updates. I then installed the Windows Updates in small groups. I discovers that at some point in the Windows Updates, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable, there were two of them. I uninstalled the oldest one, and Backup Exec is still working.

Netman43
Level 2

I had the same problem.  I updated my HP Tape Drive driver and now I can see my selection lists with no "connection with server failed" message.

I'm using a Hewlett Packard 1x8 G2 autoloader with a Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-4 drive.  Latest driver is Dec. 2010.