cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP Service warnings since upgrading to 11d

LizC
Level 2

I have just upgraded our Backup Exec to 11d.  Since upgrading the following warnings are listed in the event logs when I restart the server:

Event Type:            Warning

Event Source:            SNMP

Event Category:            None

Event ID:            1101

Description:

The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent key SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\SNMP\Events because it is missing or misconfigured.

Event Type:            Warning

Event Source:            SNMP

Event Category:            None

Event ID:            1101

Description:

The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent key SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\SNMP\TapeAlert because it is missing or misconfigured.

Is there something I can do to resolve these errors?
Thanks in advance.Smiley Happy
4 REPLIES 4

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Hi Liz,

It looks like the registry entries are still pointing to the previous location. The registry path for 11.d is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symatec\Backup Exec For Windows\SNMP\Events.

If you haven't done so yet, I'd suggest performing a repair install of 11.d to see if that resets the pointers correctly. Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Greg

LizC
Level 2
Hi Greg

Thanks for your reply.  I performed the repair install as you suggested but the 2 warnings are still appearing in the event log.  Is there anything else that you can suggest?

Thanks
Liz

JB_2
Not applicable
I've got the same warnings on two of my servers...it's be nice to get this fixed Symantec.

JB

Howard_Brown
Level 4
How funny, Greg, you work for Symantec and you got the registry keys wrong. You are missing the Backup Exec after Backup Exec For Windows.

I went in and replaced two instances (all that were found during a search) of each key value that contained either

SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\SNMP\Events  

SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\SNMP\TapeAlert

With

SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\SNMP\Events  

SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\SNMP\TapeAlert

And the issue was resolved just fine. No errors regarding SNMP in the event logs anymore.