cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Backup

Mike_Clark
Level 3
Hi

I have a windows 2003 sp1 server with two SQL agents installed (BE 10.0.5484) I want to back up another win2k3 sp1 SQL 2005 server but the SQL server option does not appear although I can back up the normal shares etc.
I have reinstalled the SQL agent on the media server and repushed the remote agent to the SQL server but still no option to select SQl server. when selecting another SQL server I can see and select the remote SQL server ok.
Is there a different license for a SQL 2005 win2k3 server? any ideas why I can see this particular remote SQL server option ?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

From the below technote request you to install the hotfix

10.1.5629 Hotfix 6 - SQL 2005 (Yukon) support for Backup Exec 10d

http://support.veritas.com/docs/280204

Thanks

Mike_Clark
Level 3
Hi,

Thanks for the link unfortunately that patch will not install on the version we have and I cant see any patches to get to the level/version you suggest. we only have 10.0.5484

Thanks

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
The upgrade from BE10 to BE10d is a free upgrade. You need BE10d to backup SQL2005.
BE10d is available at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/279332.htm

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please could you provide an update

Thanks

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
Well, I had the same problem... Couldnt select SQL 2005 server backup option... I installed hotfix 6 (as linked above) on our media server... uninstalled the be agent on the SQL 2005 server and reinstalled it by pushing it out from the console... then tried to add the SQL 2005 server... guess what?

It worked... :)

This thread helped me anyway... thanx very much... :)

Regards
Conny

Mike_Clark
Level 3
Thanks for the Link, I downloaded upgraded and pushed out the agents again. after recreating the backup job I could select my SQL devices.

Thanks to everyone

Regards Mike

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update if you have any other issues please open a new case.

Regards,